Accounts Payable Administrator
Broadview Press, a higher education textbook publisher with a warehouse and office in downtown Peterborough, is looking for an Accounts Payable Administrator.
We strive to produce high-quality, pedagogically useful books, while upholding fair business practices in relation to our authors, our staff, the academics who choose Broadview books for their courses, and the students and others who purchase and read our books. The company has over 800 titles in print, and currently publishes approximately 30-40 new titles per year. We publish literature, philosophy, composition, and history textbooks for university and college classrooms. Broadview Press was incorporated in 1985; since then the company has grown steadily and now employs over 30 people, 10 of which are based out of the Peterborough office.
The Accounts Payable Administrator is part of the three person accounts team at Broadview Press. This is the first time we are hiring in this department in well over a decade; the person who is currently in this position is shifting to a different department. The team works closely together to ensure the smooth financial operations of the business. In addition to performing the ordinary accounting functions of a business that sells products across North America, our business also involves some functions that are very specific to publishing such as the calculation of royalties, and the use of software specific to the publishing industry (training on this software will be provided).
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Complete payments and control expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions
- Support the preparation of financial statements, reconciliations, and reports
- Verify and investigate discrepancies, if any, by reconciling vendor accounts and monthly vendor statements
- Enter various types of data in our Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system and in Excel spreadsheets
- The Accounts Payable Administrator is a member of the Accounts team and is expected to assist in other areas of the department as needed. This may include things such as answering phones, filing, and some cross-training in some of the tasks that are ordinarily the primary responsibility of other accounts colleagues.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has college accounting/bookkeeping program or equivalent experience
- Ideally has 3-5 years’ experience in the workplace
- Has a solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting principles
- Has strong attention to detail, values accuracy, and is highly organized
- Has excellent data entry skills and a knack for numbers
- Is experienced with Microsoft Office and is comfortable with being trained on new software
- Is a reliable and flexible team player with a positive attitude
- Has clear and professional written and verbal communication skills
- Is keen to learn and contribute to the team
Details Regarding the Position:
- Permanent, full time (37.5 hours per week), weekdays
- Salary in the range of $21-24 per hour depending on experience
- Benefits after three months
- Training will be provided
- Our office and warehouse follow COVID precautions and the building is not accessible to the public.
Broadview Press embraces diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace. People who identify as being from underrepresented communities, including Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people identifying as LGBTQ, and people from low-income backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to Maggie Perras email@example.com . A cover letter is required. We are accepting applications until September 26th. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
We frequently hire a few individuals on 8 month contracts beginning in September out of our Guelph office. These positions are either email-based publisher representatives or digital assistants. Please contact Christine Handley [Email] if you would like to be notified of these postings.