We at Broadview Press are pleased to offer the majority of our titles for sale as eBooks through our website, as well as through our partner platforms at GooglePlay, RedShelf, VitalSource, Perusall and Campus eBookstore.
Broadview eBooks purchased through our website are available in either PDF or EPUB format (where indicated); PDFs offer a fixed layout similar to the printed book while EPUBs feature reflowable content suitable for reading books on e-readers, tablets, or smartphones. Please click on the link below for more details regarding the different advantages of these file types. Please note that Broadview eBooks (both PDF and EPUB format) are protected using Adobe’s Digital Rights Management (DRM) software and are limited to use on six devices associated with a single Adobe ID. If you have any questions about this feature, please visit the Adobe Digital Editions FAQ page.
All titles that are offered as an eBook will display this option on their respective product pages, above the “Buy Now” button. If you have any questions about Broadview eBooks, please email us at email@example.com.
Please note: We do not ordinarily accept returns on digital products, but if there was an error with your order, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 3 business days after the date of purchase and we will be happy to assist you. The Customer Service department is available between 9am and 5pm Eastern Standard Time.
Information for Instructors
If you are interested in having students purchase their eBooks directly—either from our website or from Google Play, RedShelf, VitalSource, Perusall or Campus eBookstore—please feel free to distribute any of the information on this page or include it on your syllabus.
If you are interested in having your students purchase their eBooks through your campus bookstore, please consult with the bookstore staff to determine the best method for doing so. In almost all cases, Broadview Press can make eBooks available to campus bookstores using one of the platforms mentioned above, depending on the bookstore’s existing affiliation.
Purchasing Through the Broadview Website
Once you have found a title that you wish to purchase, you will need to select from the list of available formats—print, PDF, or EPUB—and then click on the “Buy Now” button. For more information about the different formats, please see the section below.
You will be provided with a summary of your order and a total price (including shipping for bound books) on the shopping cart page. You may continue shopping if you wish, or you may proceed to checkout. You will be asked to enter your payment information and then submit your order. Please note that the Broadview website accepts only credit card payment.
An invoice and order confirmation will be sent to you via email immediately upon purchase. If you have ordered a Broadview eBook, a download link will be provided as part of your invoice. Do not click on this link until you have read the How to Download Your eBook directions below.
If you experience any difficulty with your online order, please contact us at email@example.com and we will be happy to assist you.
How to Download Your Ebook
Broadview eBooks run on the industry-standard Adobe Digital Editions platform and can be read on your computer (compatible with both PC and Mac), tablet, or smartphone (iOS or Android). Our eBooks are protected using Adobe’s Digital Rights Management (DRM) software and are limited to use on six devices associated with a single Adobe ID. If you have any questions about this feature, please visit the Adobe Digital Editions FAQ page.
Please note that Kindle devices do not currently support our eBook files as they are not compatible with Adobe Digital Editions.
Please read and follow these steps before downloading your eBook:
- To access your eBook, you will need to download a free copy of the latest version of Adobe Digital Editions.
- Next, create an Adobe ID and authorize your copy of Adobe Digital Editions before downloading the file. Failure to authorize your copy of Adobe Digital Editions before downloading the file will mean that you are unable to transfer your eBook to any other device.
- Once you have downloaded and authorized Adobe Digital Editions, you may then simply use the program to read your eBook on your laptop or desktop.
- To view your eBook purchase on a mobile device or tablet, you will need to download the Adobe Digital Editions app for either iOS or Android devices, and to ensure that the app is authorized with your Adobe ID before downloading the file.
- Once you have authorized Adobe Digital Editions on your mobile device by entering your Adobe ID, open your email order confirmation using the device and download the eBook directly to the reader.
PDF or EPUB?
Broadview eBooks most commonly available in two formats: PDF and EPUB.
Either format will work for most devices, but if you are using a mobile device or e-reader, an EPUB will have some advantages (reflowable text, interactive features). PDFs mirror the formatting of the print book, including retaining print page numbers. If an eBook is being purchased for course use, and it’s crucial that all students be able to reference the same page or flip quickly to a specific passage, then PDF files might be your preferred choice.
- PDF files retain the page numbers of the print text
- Fixed layout similar to the print book (keeps the specific print formatting—this can be useful for titles with complex formatting [facing-page editions, drama, some poetry titles])
- Text is not reflowable, so this format is best for reading on larger screens such as those found on desktops/laptops.
- Reflowable text: easier to read on mobile devices and e-readers because it will adjust to the size of your screen
- Also compatible with desktops and laptops (Mac or PC)
- Includes more interactive features, including dictionaries, note-taking, highlighting, linked footnotes, and hyperlinks to live web sources
Broadview Press acknowledges the financial support of the Ontario Media Development Corporation which has helped make possible our offering of ebooks.